Christ Church traces its beginning to 1871, when English language services were first conducted on a regular weekly basis in Mexico City. For a number of years, Sunday services were held in various locations, including the library of the Monastery of San Francisco, the YMCA headquarters, and even private residences until the cornerstone for a neo-Gothic style Church was laid at Articulo 123 #134 in 1895. The Church was opened for regular public worship on Pentecost Day, 1898.
Worship, Sunday School, social functions, and fund raisers (including the Christmas Bazaar which continues to this day) all took place at Artículo. Over the years, many improvements and additions were made to the church building and grounds, including the stained glass windows, a pipe organ, and a parish hall. By 1970, the neighborhood where the church was located had changed, and what was once a residential area on the outskirts of the city had been enveloped by a noisy and crowded commercial district, so the decision was made to move the church to a new site in Lomas de Chapultepec.