Mother Elisabeth Sinclair
Feb 11, 2022
What’s New at Christ Church This Week?
• Today is the last day to register for Way of Love. If you want to participate, but you have difficulty using the sign-up link below, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org today indicating your interest.
• February 15th-April 12th, Tuesday evenings, 7-8:30 p.m. (in person & virtual options), Way of Love small group curriculum of interaction and spiritual renewal. Sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F44A4A62DA0FCC43-way
• February 27th ~ We will have only one worship service at 10:30 a.m.; it will be bilingual, in-person, and on Facebook Live. At 12:30 p.m., we will meet by Zoom (only) for our Bilingual Annual Meeting. This is your opportunity to get up-to-date on all things financial and ministerial, elect new vestry members, and pray together as we move into 2022. Please make every effort to attend, & stay tuned for more information in the next two weeks.
• Christ Church needs additional videographers & social media communication assistants for Sunday worship services (both languages) and special events; training provided.
• A Children’s Ministry team met this week to discuss ways to engage our children and youth through the upcoming months. We’re excited to share our plan with you soon. We welcome (and need) additional members. Please contact Rev. Elisabeth ASAP if you are willing to help. In the meantime, children’s bulletins and crayons and paper are available every Sunday morning for anyone who wants/needs to doodle during the service.
• Rev. Elisabeth & Mariana Garza will offer a bilingual girls’ retreat for girls ages 5th-8th grades (ages 10-14) on Saturday, March 26th, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., location T.B.D. Please contact Rev. Elisabeth at email@example.com for more information.
• Do you wish to receive Christ Church’s weekly email updates? Or, would you like to schedule an appointment with Rev. Elisabeth or Padre Germán? Please complete a registration form from the table at the back of the church, and indicate your need.
What’s Ongoing at Christ Church?
Rev. Elisabeth had the opportunity to visit Christ Church’s former seminarians Adrian Cajiga and Antonio Pacheco this past weekend in Hidalgo, where they have been serving part-time during the past year but where Bishop Sally Sue will soon appoint them permanently. To learn more about her visit and Adrian and Antonio’s ministry, please see Rev. Elisabeth’s article in this weekend’s Community Weekly email message.
We have surpassed the number of pledges we received last year. This is a great joy! Thank you, each one, who has offered your financial gifts to support Christ Church. Your generosity and faith are enabling Christ Church leadership to make a fiscally wise yet comprehensive plan for the coming year.
We welcome children in worship services! However, for COVID safety reasons, we request families with unvaccinated children (&/or adults) to sit outdoors. Parents, please keep your children close to you throughout the service, including during the Eucharist, and consider bringing quiet toys, stuffed animals, &/or books to keep your children engaged. If you need a quiet space in which to give your children a snack, change their diapers, etc., you are welcome to use the nursery.