Jun 11, 2022
1. Dear Parents – No Sunday school today. Children may play quietly outdoors and enjoy the activities at their special table, but one parent should remain with them at all times to ensure their safety and a worshipful environment for others.
2. Music concert at Christ Church this week. Invite a friend to join you for an evening of beautiful music on June 17th at 6:30 p.m., the last in the debut season of concerts organized by our organist Antonio Ortega Rivera and performed by talented young local musicians.
Friday, June 17th. 6:30pm. $150 mxp/person
“Primavera Me Hace Cantar,” an enhanced performance of our first concert by the group Antonio directs:
Alio Modo Ensamble
3. Do you know the official title for the queen? “Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of her other realms and territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith” We will commemorate her Jubilee Celebration of 70 years of faithful” service on June 26th, between the 11:00 & 1:00 services. Ladies, feel free to wear your hats and pearls! Special guest Ambassador Jon Benjamin will join us.
4. Our bishop The Rt. Rev. Alma Sally Sue Hernandez will be with us July 3rd for her annual formal visitation. This will be our first occasion to welcome her after her ordination this past January. A special reception will be held in her honor after the service.
5. Save the date: Mid-year parish informational meeting, July 17th: Finances, 5 Marks of Mission, Q&A, etc.
6. During the summer months, we will offer two Continuing Education series in English:
• A Study of 1 Peter ~ The Rev. Elisabeth Sinclair, Tuesday evenings, 7:00 p.m., June 21st – July 26th, by Zoom. Please register by June 19th by emailing Rev. Elisabeth (See back page).
• Neuroscience and the Fruit of the Spirit ~ The Rev. Bryan Spoon, Sundays after the 11:00 service, July 31st – Sept 4th, in person.
7. Survey Results: Our survey results concerning Sunday worship service times were interestingly mixed, with half of the respondents preferring to return to the former service times and the other half wishing to keep our current times. Based on this feedback, the vestry has decided to keep the service times at 9:30, 11:00, and 1:00 for the foreseeable future. Thank you to all survey participants for helping us reach this decision.
8. Do you wish to receive the weekly Community Weekly news bulletin from Christ Church? And/or would you like a pastoral meeting with one of the clergy? Please fill out a contact information slip from the Ushers’ table near the sanctuary doors, and indicate your need. You may also contact the parish secretary Mary Rosa (See contact info on back page).
9. The church sanctuary is usually open for private prayer during the week between 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Between services on Sundays, the Lady Chapel, also known as the “Columbarium,” which is entered to the right of the altar, is available.
10. Garage and book Sale – please come and invite friends, colleagues, or neighbors to peruse the Book Sale on the 16th, 17th, 18th & 19th of June and the
Garage the 17th and 18th of june