May 27, 2022
1. The Anglican informational class with the Rev. Susan Dennen-Rodriguez concludes this Sunday, May 29th, from 12:20-1:00 p.m., in the White Room. This class is bilingual and multigenerational, as needed, and is open to anyone wishing to learn more about Anglicanism.
2. Have you taken the Christ Church Worship Service Times survey? https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/3QZ8TD8. Please take two minutes (we promise) to answer the questions by June 4th to help us plan.
3. Music concert at Christ Church. Come for an evening of beautiful music on June 17th at 6:30 p.m., the last in the debut season of concerts organized by our organist Antonio Ortega Rivera and performed by talented young local musicians.
Friday, June 17th. 6:30pm. $150 mxp/person
“Primavera Me Hace Cantar,” an enhanced performance of our first concert by the group Antonio directs:
Alio Modo Ensamble
4. You’re invited to a birthday party: Pentecost Sunday, June 5th, a day of celebration. On this day, we not only celebrate the birthday of Christ’s church universal but also the birthday of Christ Church. Christ Church’s first service in our original building at Calle Artículo 123 #134 was on Pentecost Sunday, 1898.
We will combine the 11:00 and 1:00 p.m. services into a single, multilingual service at 11:00 a.m. You may wish to wear red, and please stay for coffee, cake (There will be 12 cakes—one for each month of the year!), & conversation after the service.
5. Joy! Our former seminarians Adrian & Antonio, who now serve several churches in Hidalgo, will be ordained next Friday, June 3rd, in San Miguel de Allende. See formal announcement & invitation.
6. The Queen of England’s Jubilee Celebration, June 26th, between the 11:00 & 1:00 services. Ladies, feel free to wear your hats and pearls! Special guest Ambassador Jon Benjamin will join us.
7. Dear Parents – Sunday school is available today for toddlers through 10 year-olds. Children will meet in the nursery and later play outdoors in the rectory garden. They will reunite with their parents prior to Holy Eucharist.
To ensure your children’s safety, and out of respect for other church members enjoying coffee
hour and/or the 1 p.m. worship service, please keep your children in your sight once the 11 a.m. service has concluded. Thank you!
8. Do you wish to receive the weekly Community Weekly news bulletin from Christ Church? And/or would you like a pastoral meeting with one of the clergy? Please fill out a contact information slip from the Ushers’ table near the sanctuary doors, and indicate your need. You may also contact the parish secretary Mary Rosa (See contact info on back page).
9. The church sanctuary is usually open for prayer during the week between 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., and on Sundays, between services, in the Lady Chapel, also known as the “Columbarium,” which is entered to the right of the altar) is also available.