Rev. Elisabeth Sinclair
Oct 14, 2022
Facemasks continue to be recommended but are no longer required at Christ Church. Please take care of your own (and others’) health by staying current on vaccinations, keeping a safe distance from others, staying in ventilated areas whenever possible, and frequently washing/sanitizing your hands.
Everyone who made financial donation pledges to Christ Church for calendar year 2022, thank you! If you need an update on your outstanding pledge amount, please email our accountant Edgar Gomez this week.
Welcome (& thank you) to Mariana Navarrete, Christ Church’s new treasurer! Watch next week’s newsletter to learn more about Mariana. Thanks, also, to Wesley Wolfe, who has graciously fulfilled these responsibilities during our Treasurer search.
Dear Parents – Below is the Sunday school schedule for the upcoming month. We can offer more Sunday school if/when we gain additional volunteers. Please contact Rev. Elisabeth ASAP if you can help.
October 16th ~ Sunday school*
October 23rd ~ Craft table, books, & children’s bulletins on outdoor patio**
October 30th ~ T.B.D.
*On Sunday school mornings, children will begin in the nursery (inside the office hallway) and may also play outdoors in the rectory garden. They will return to their parents for Holy Communion. **On all other mornings, children are welcome to play at the outdoor table—with parent supervision, please.
Thank you to each person who donated items for the Casa Hogar Divina Providencia over the past two months. See the October 15th newsletter for photos and a thank you from the orphanage. Our in-person visit has been postponed to November. Please stay tuned.
Are you a visitor this morning? Do you wish to receive the Community Weekly news bulletin from Christ Church? And/or would you like a pastoral meeting with one of the clergy? Please fill out a “new & improved” contact information card from the Ushers’ table near the sanctuary doors to indicate your need. You may also contact the parish secretary Mary Rosa.
Save these dates!
• October 27th, 7:00 p.m. Taize Service of Lament
• October 30th, 11:00 a.m. worship service will include 10-year wedding anniversary celebration (Chris & Ali Stephens) and Rite I liturgy
• November 2nd, 11:00 a.m. All Saints Commemoration at Panteon Britanico (British Cemetery)
• November 6th, 6:30 p.m. Organ Concert in Remembrance
• November 13th, Remembrance Sunday with British Embassy, 11 a.m.
• November 19th, 2:00 p.m. Christ Church Thanksgiving potluck
• November 24th, American Benevolent Society Thanksgiving meal
• December 3rd, 10:00a-5:00p Christmas Bazaar
• December 18th Lessons & Carols, time T.B.A.
• December 24th Journey to the Creche, T.B.A.