Rev. Elisabeth Sinclair
Oct 28, 2022
Facemasks continue to be recommended but are no longer required at Christ Church. Please take care of your own (and others’) health by staying current on vaccinations, keeping a safe distance from others, staying in ventilated areas whenever possible, and frequently washing/sanitizing your hands.
We are going to visit la Casa Hogar Divina Providencia on Saturday, November 5th! We will meet at Christ Church at 10:00 a.m. and will return at roughly 1:30 p.m. To join us, please sign up at the table outside of the Parish Hall. *You can still make a donation today (October 30th) for the purchase of warm blankets.
Everyone who made financial donation pledges to Christ Church for calendar year 2022, thank you! If you need an update on your outstanding pledge amount, please email our accountant Edgar Gomez this week.
Welcome (& thank you) to Mariana Navarrete, Christ Church’s new treasurer! See last week’s newsletter to learn more about Mariana. Thanks, also, to Wesley Wolfe, who has graciously fulfilled these responsibilities during our Treasurer search.
Dear Parents -
Below is the Sunday school schedule for the following weeks. We can offer more Sunday school if/when we gain additional volunteers. On Sunday school mornings, children will begin in the nursery (inside the office hallway) and may also play outdoors in the rectory garden. They will return to their parents for Holy Communion. On all other mornings, children are welcome to play at the outdoor table—with parent supervision, please.
October 30th ~ Craft table, books, & children's bulletins
November 6th ~ Sunday school
November 13th ~ Craft table, books, & children's bulletins
Are you a visitor this morning? Do you wish to receive the Community Weekly news bulletin from Christ Church? And/or would you like a pastoral meeting with one of the clergy? Please fill out a “new & improved” contact information card from the Ushers’ table near the sanctuary doors to indicate your need. You may also contact the parish secretary Mary Rosa.
Save these dates!
• November 2nd, 11:00 a.m. All Saints Commemoration at Panteón Británico (British Cemetery)
• November 4th, 7:30 p.m. Requiem Concert Vox Aeternam. Director Habib Gama. $100.00 per person
• November 13th, CHANGED SERVICE TIMES to accommodate Remembrance Sunday with British Embassy. Early (spoken) service at 8:30, then 10:00 a.m. for Remembrance service with music.
• November 19th, 2:00 p.m. Christ Church Thanksgiving potluck
• November 24th, American Benevolent Society Thanksgiving meal
• December 3rd, 10:00 a.m -5:00 p.m. Christmas Bazaar
• December 18th Lessons & Carols, time T.B.A.
• December 24th Journey to the Creche, T.B.A.