Jul 4, 2021
Live on Facebook this Sunday, Limited In-Person July 4
In-person services will resume on July 4 with limited capacity, reservations required.
Attendance at the single, bilingual service this Sunday, June 27, at 12:30 p.m. is restricted to participants only, but will be streamed live on our Spanish-language Facebook page, and available afterwards on our YouTube channel and Web site.
Throughout July, pandemic conditions permitting, there will be in-person English services at 9:30 a.m. (no music or singing) and 11 a.m. (only small choir sings and sings outside), and in Spanish at 12:30 p.m. (piano music, no singing).
Our new rector, Rev. Elisabeth Sinclair, expects to preach or be the celebrant at all those Eucharists. Those will center on “spiritual communion” in place where you are kneeling, standing, or seated, but not physically at the altar steps, in deference to necessary health precautions. Mother Elisabeth will be writing to the parish this coming week.
1. To attend a church service in person, it will be necessary for now to register in advance with parish secretary Mary Rosa Casar, by telephone at the church office,
(55 5202-0949 or 55 5520-3763) or e-mail to email@example.com . Because of technical difficulties, this, her previous e-mail address must be used this week.
Please do so by 5 p.m. on the Monday before the service you want to attend, specifying the time of the service and how many will be in your family or same-household group.
Reservations will be given on a first-come-first-served basis, and held until 10 minutes BEFORE the time of a service.
Please be considerate of others in how often you ask to attend.
2. All persons enter at their own risk.
3. Only persons fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 coronavirus should sit inside the sanctuary, please. Tell Mary Rosa if you aren’t.
There will be limited seating in folding chairs on the patio.
4. When you arrive, you must sign in with your name and a contact telephone number to be admitted. An usher must guide you to your seat(s).
5. If you can, please scan the city government’s QR code with your cellphone. This would help get the news to you faster if someone else who was here later tested positive for Covid-19.
6. For now, only the choir will sing, and will sing outside.
7. Please see the General Regulations for entering the premises during this pandemic here: (Pepe or Laura: Link to General Regulations document).
As on Pentecost, the June 27 service will be live on our Spanish-language Facebook page. And the video will be available just afterwards on our YouTube channel and Website, www.christchurch.mx.
Our Spanish-language Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/ChristChurchMexico/?rf=174317259276649. You’ll have to log in with a Facebook account.
Our YouTube channel, which is accessible without restriction on the Internet, is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcj_mPjL007uu1ac9dUNTtw
Don’t forget to let parish secretary Mary Rosa Casar know if you’re fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone call to 55 5202-0949 or 55 5520-3763. All information will be protected in conformity with the privacy laws and regulations of Mexico and Mexico City.